How to Find CNA Training Classes. CAREGIVER & CNA JOBS, TRAINING, & SCHOLARSHIPS - LEARN MORE @ myCNAjobs.com
How to Find CNA Training Classes
Hi there and welcome to our career training series. I’m [NAME] and I’m one of the team members here at myCNAjobs.
If you’re thinking about furthering your career by getting a CNA certificate, or an equivalent certificate, that’s great! Sometimes finding the right school or program for you can be a challenge, though. I’m here to provide some helpful tips in finding the right place for you to take the next step in your caregiving career.
You can search for schools in your area by visiting www.myCNAjobs.com and clicking the “Schools” button at the top. There’s also a direct link in the description of this video. Once you’re there, you can type in your zip code to search for CNA classes near your home.
Some CNA schools have scholarship opportunities available. You can fill out a scholarship application by clicking the button that says “Apply for scholarships.”
Look through the classes offered to find ones near you that you’re interested in. Next, you’ll want to give them a call to get some more information. You’ll want to try and find out if this program is going to be a good fit for you. Here are some things to ask about when making your decision:
Is this program being offered through an accredited institution?
• Making sure the program is accredited will be important in securing a job after you get your certificate. Check to see if the program meets your state’s requirements for training and clinical hours. At myCNAjobs, we only list accredited schools on our website however it’s still important to do your own research.
Does this program offer classes at times that work with your schedule?
• Life can get busy, and making sure the classes and training fit in with your life is important.
What type of training and equipment is offered?
• Asking the school what type of lab equipment they use in their program could be helpful in making your decision. Many programs will allow you to come take a tour of their facilities, or even sit in on a class!
What is the cost of the program?
• Some schools have the cost of their classes listed directly on the website, and for some schools you’ll have to ask. It’s important to know all the costs included, so you can determine which one provides the most value to you.
If the program is online, ask when and where the clinical portions will be held.
• Online programs can be convenient for many people, since you can complete the textbook portions at home. Since a lot of the training will still be hands on, you’ll be doing the clinical portions on-site. Make sure that fits with your schedule and is convenient for you as well.
That’s all I have for you today! Best of luck on your journey to further your caregiving career. If you’re looking for companion jobs in the meantime, you can search for available caregiver, CNA, and home health aide jobs near you at www.myCNAjobs.com. We have positions available before, during, and and after CNA classes. Or if you prefer, just give us a call to talk directly with a recruiter.
CAREGIVER & CNA JOBS, TRAINING, & SCHOLARSHIPS - LEARN MORE @ myCNAjobs.com
Additional Video Topics include
Caregiver Training: How to Become A Caregiver
Caregiver Training: How to Become A CNA
Home Care Training - Caregivers & CNAs At Work
Senior Living Training - Caregivers & CNAs At Work
Tags: How to Find CNA Training Classes